Yesterday was my birthday.
My husband baked me a nice dessert.
My son surprised me by being totally gung ho about kale chips.
A fair number of people wished me well on facebook, and I also went out to dinner.
And… I created this list of 28 Superlative events of the last year.
- Best New Project: Writing on Connect Shore with my friends.
- Best Baby Milestone: Even more than walking and dancing – I’ve enjoyed E’s ability to put together words – we had our first “conversation” last week!
- Best TV show I started watching: Once upon a Time.
- Farthest Trip: Philadelphia, PA – for a friend’s wedding 🙂
- Biggest Time Waste: Checkin’ Facebook, as usual.
- Best Life Hack(s): Google Docs
- Newest Food I tried: Tatsoi. (So weird!)
- Favorite new Go-To recipe: Turnip (yes Turnip!) Stew with Sweet Potatoes and CousCous.
- Newest Skill: Crochet-ing!
- Best Party: Ryan B.’s Awesome Christmas party (where I won a prize for ugliest sweater (dress.)
- Best Grad School Class: Management Theory. (Maybe I should have been a business major all those years ago?)
- Smartest Buy: (Tie) Little Seed by Elizabeth Mitchell, and a new-to-us car.
- Newest Hero: Activist Abby. This facebook page totally makes me smile every time I see it pop up in the newsfeed.
- Biggest Fail: Trying to take 3 grad classes and work part time this spring.
- Newest Friend: My soon to be sister-in-law Wendy R!
- Best blogs I started reading: For School: Management Ink: A blog about organizational research articles recently published. For Social Media Advice: Julia Campbell. A great (and easy to read) resource for people trying to figure out the Social Media marketing scene (that’s me.) For my own enjoyment:A lot of great new blogs this year… but – I love the collaboration at the Storyline Blog, curated by Donald Miller.
- Favorite blog post I wrote: Over at Connect Shore – 8 Things I think are true (but they aren’t!)
- First Speeding Ticket: Sadly, no more squeaky clean record for me.
- Proudest Moment(s): Got a Graduate Assistantship at Salem State for the ’12-’13 year! Ran a 5 Mile Race in May!
- 2 Most Important Life Realization: Physical organization can change your mood (so can time structuring, but I knew that): And prioritizing means knowing your core values and beliefs.
- Newest North Shore Green Space: Marblehead Audubon Bird Sanctuary (beautiful!)
- Best (and only?) Concert: Brown Bird. Banjos and Upright Bass ::swoon:: (Thanks Ellamy!)
- Most Surprising Event: Being Interviewed by Vera at TerraBlu Teams about my thoughts on Sustainability.
- Most Listened to (Non-Kid) Song: So Sleepy – by Fiona Apple
- Saddest Thing:My sister and her husband moved to Fitchburg, MA. No more going over for lunch, less babysitting options – BOO!
- Best North Shore Event: Ice Cream on the Salem Commons – blogged here at Connect Shore.
- Best Family Trip: DeCordova Sculpture Garden – a surprise trip completely planned by my husband. Beautiful! Can’t wait to go again another time.
- Longest/Shortest Books I read: G.R.R. Martin’s Clash of Kings (926 Pages) / R.B. Munger’s My Heart, Christ’s Home. (32 “pages” It’s what most people would call a ‘pamphlet.’)